The dimensions of time and space in Bolivia are unlike any other country in South America. The geography changes quickly from challenging highlands, to peaceful valleys, to exuberant tropics, and traveling around the country is like taking a journey back in time. Being the most indigenous country in South America and with more than half of the population still living according to traditional ways, Bolivia’s vibrant culture is heavily influenced by the centuries old traditions and reflects a long and rich heritage, offering a genuine glimpse into South American life.
The pristine environment, smiling people, fresh and delicious cuisine, need to be experienced to understand why Bolivia is a truly exceptional destination.
We have an 11-day itinerary that showcases all the best experiences that Bolivia has to offer – its rich legacy, its mosaic of cultures, its dramatically diverse topography, and its warm and hospitable people.
Bolivia’s Best (11 days)
In just 11 days, this trip takes you on a journey to experience the best of Bolivia.
Visit some of Bolivia’s main cities:
- La Paz, where you can witness the living history of the pre-Hispanic times with all their traditions and magic rites
- Santa Cruz, known for its unusual species of animals and exotic birds, butterflies and orchids
- Sucre, the constitutional capital of Bolivia
- Potosi, a famous colonial city where the silver mines are the main attraction
Experience unforgettable and unique sites:
- Miles and miles of dazzling white nothingness at the Uyuni Salt Flats, the largest on earth
- The archaeological site of Tiwanaku, ruins of one of the oldest civilizations in the Americas
- Lake Titicaca, the “Sacred Lake of the Incas”, where you will observe authentic cultures living as they did thousands of years ago
Some highlights from the trip:
Visit a Silver Mine in Potosi – Potosi was the source of silver during colonial times. According to legend, the mountain that towers over the city has produced enough silver to build a solid silver bridge from Potosi to Madrid. On your mine visit, learn about the basic conditions of the workers, and learn more about the industry, which was a primary source of income for the city in the past.
As always, we can customize any trip for you. Contact us now to start the conversation!