Amid the pandemic, Kenan-Flagler was not willing to give up on such global experiences, which truly set the school and the students apart, and we were excited to work with our partners to help develop an impactful virtual experience.
Find out more below about the students’ experiences, and check out the interview we conducted with the Senior Associate Director of MBA Global Programs at Kenan-Flagler to get her reactions on the program.
Virtual Travel Amid a Pandemic
Over the past year and a half we have had several experiences planning and executing virtual programs. We are prepared to provide an impactful experience no matter the situation. However, we do hope that the next Global Immersion Experience will be an in-person trip.
An Interview from Kenan-Flagler Business School
Q. How did the virtual experience compare to the typical in-person experience?
A. While nothing can fully replace the experience of physically being in another country, the virtual immersion we created was able to create authentic, human, and contextual experiences that created very real moments of cross cultural learning and understanding for our students. Without crossing into the VR space, we were able to create moments where it truly felt immersive and as though we were walking with the guide along the streets of the city.
- 99% of respondents felt like they were challenged outside of their comfort zones.
- 45% were influenced to consider job-searching in the countries of the VGIE’s
- 72% were influenced to consider job-searching outside of their home country
- 81% Felt a greater sense of community within the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA program
- 100% felt they were able to expand or enhance their network
As always, please feel free to contact us – We are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.